At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
This position serves as a material planning, purchasing, expediting, logistics, or field purchasing team member who, with guidance from Purchasing Management, handles project material or non-project procurement support for an office, group of overhead departments or indirect procurement category within established Material Management Plans, policies, and procedures. This role assists other material management specialists and technicians, as required.
• Monitor and report Supplier's performance toward completion of all deliverables in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Purchase Order
• Collaborate across all disciplines including Material Management, Supplier Quality Surveillance (SQS)/Quality, Engineering, Project Data & Document Management (PDDM), and Construction
• Generate documents, organize and manage files, and maintain tracking data and reports
• Distribute bid packages, correspondence, and other documents, as necessary
• Identify and qualify potential bidders for purchases and contracts
• Perform data entry proficiently into the approved Corporate Reference Tool for Material
• Access portals and knowledge communities to stay updated on Fluor events and research practices, policies, go-bys
• Maintain the highest ethical standards of Material Management professional responsibility
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 141156BR
City: Sugar Land
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.