At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor is one of the world’s largest publicly owned engineering, procurement, construction, and maintenance services companies. Through its global network of offices on six continents, the company provides comprehensive capabilities and world-class expertise in engineering, procurement, construction, fabrication, commissioning, operations, maintenance, and project management.
Fluor's Energy Solutions group delivers EPC services for the production and fuels, chemicals, liquefied natural gas (LNG) and nuclear power services markets. Fluor is an essential partner in the production of safer, cleaner and sustainable energy solutions to meet the world's increasing demand. Focusing on the energy transition markets, including carbon capture, renewable fuels, waste-to-energy, green chemicals and hydrogen, Fluor also continues to serve the oil, gas and petrochemical industries.
Based out of Fluor’s Sugar Land, Texas office in the United States, the Project Director II role is a critical position for the Energy Solutions Business Group. As a Project Director II, he/she will be responsible for performing the essential project management job duties and functions required to deliver overall project objectives by establishing an execution framework on the project that complies with the contract and provides for safety, quality, value, timeliness, and Fluor profitability. This position performs all project management responsibilities on medium to large sized and moderate risk engineering, procurement, and construction/construction management (EPC/EPCM) projects. This position may be assigned responsibility for a substantial area of a mega project, or overall leadership of a large project (depending on candidate qualifications). When acting in the role of a Proposal Manager, this position is responsible for managing completion of technical and commercial proposals, providing project planning, means and methods of project execution and strategy, schedule preparation, cost estimating, and Project Execution and Commercial Execution Strategy.
Of great importance will be the Project Director II’s commitment to developing high performance project teams, driving client service excellence and a cost competitive culture, and upholding the high ethical standards of the Fluor business.
The Project Director II will be responsible for the following key activities:
• Overall responsibility for delivery of his/her projects in line with contractual, financial and client satisfaction targets;
• Providing leadership, direction and mentoring to multi-disciplinary teams to develop high quality solutions on time, within budget and to customer requirements, in all locations managed by Fluor where project work is being performed;
• Making sure Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standards are emphasized throughout all phases of the project and demonstrating operational excellence in areas such as HSE, client service excellence, and team performance;
• Accountability for project commercial and contractual decisions to the limits outlined in the Fluor approval matrix;
• Ensuring full compliance with the Fluor prime contract, including client reporting, notifications, project system turnover and close-out requirements;
• Establishing the project baseline, making sure that it is fully documented, updated throughout all project phases, and appropriately communicated to Fluor project team;
• Taking full ownership for project profit and loss and delivering better than as-sold Project Gross Margin (PGM);
• Leading negotiations of contracts for FEED and EPC projects and delivering these projects against an agreed commercial strategy;
• Responsibility to execute projects in accordance with Fluor’s Operating System Requirements and other similar quality assurance and execution programs;
• Providing project performance reporting and metrics as directed by Office, Regional and Business Group Management;
• Creating and maintaining strong client relationships which can secure repeat business and expand Fluor’s footprint;
• Building meaningful relationships with partners, internal stakeholders, and key suppliers;
• Managing multi-disciplinary, cohesive teams that provide an adequate range of competent resources on the project;
• Actively engaging in the sales process in conjunction with Sales, Office Management, and Business Line Management;
• Assisting in project pursuits as a member of the Sales/Operations/Technology teams, formed to identify market and client/project pursuit opportunities and strategies;
• Working with supporting Organization Unit Managers and Human Resources to make sure adequate resources are maintained to serve the project, as well as maintaining an engaged and competitive project workforce; and
• Collaborating with other senior and executive managers to deliver the office and business line strategic plans.
Domestic and International travel will be required, including the potential for assignments of extended duration.
Job ID: 138203BR
City: Sugar Land
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.