Fluor Senior Counsel - Contracts in Sugar Land, Texas
This position acts in an advisory capacity regarding legal matters to executive, line and staff organizations within the company. Generally assists the company and its subsidiaries at all levels in the identification and minimization of risks and reducing legal exposure in relation to existing and future operations of the company. Depending upon the specific position, members of the Law Department support the Company in two broad respects: (a) by counseling on legal and risk matters (including project, corporate, and merger and acquisition risks), and advising throughout project pursuit and execution – from contract negotiation to early identification and resolution of project risks to dispute resolution and (b) by assisting the company in satisfying applicable compliance and regulatory requirements and mitigating risks on an enterprise-wide basis. This position represents the company in negotiations with third parties and their counsel, government agencies, and other outside parties. This role evaluates the impact of existing and proposed regulations, court decisions, and law including any proposed changes in the law that might affect company policies and operating procedures.
• Develop negotiation positions and strategies for company transactions
• Perform analyses of complex legal issues and evolving legal theories as they relate to the company's business
• Advise and counsel management on legal and business matters and risk management; act as liaison with outside counsel, client representatives, vendors, subcontractors, and governmental agencies, both domestic and foreign
• Review various contracts, leases, and other corporate legal documents; make recommendations for modification, revision, and clarification of documents as needed
• Develop standard documents and perform review of joint venture and partnership documents, secrecy and licensing agreements, contracts, and other corporate documents
• Prepare powers of attorney, officers' certificates, minutes, resolutions, and other corporate documents for domestic and foreign subsidiaries
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 112335BR
City: Sugar Land
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.