Fluor Senior HR Specialist - HR Data Privacy - Compliance & Legal in Sugar Land, Texas
JOB DESCRIPTION RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under direction of the Director of Data Management and the Chief Privacy Officer, this position will be responsible for implementing and sustaining ongoing activities related to the development, maintenance of, and adherence to the company’s policies and procedures regarding the privacy of, and access to, employee HR information.
• In collaboration with Chief Privacy Officer, HR Compliance and Legal, define, implement and maintain the HR policies and practices to adhere to the company’s privacy strategy and program. Ensure that HR privacy practices are in place and compliant with applicable laws and industry-specific regulations.
• Collaborate with additional key internal stakeholders to ensure that the company has and maintains appropriate privacy requirements and applicable information notices, training and communication materials reflecting current legal practices and organization requirements.
• In collaboration with Information Systems, Internal Audit and the Chief Data Privacy Officer, participate in periodic information privacy impact assessments and conduct related ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with the company’s other compliance and operation assessment functions.
• Design and implement activities to foster data privacy awareness within the organization.
• Review all system-related information security plans throughout the company to ensure alignment between security and privacy practices.
• Serve as privacy subject matter expert to the Company for all employee HR data.
• Maintain knowledge of privacy practices across the company to better understand and isolate the risk of exposure or liabilities, recommend realistic preventive measures, and respond to information security incidents.
• Support controls and compliance requirements specified by internal and/or external audit.
• Assist in the preparation of written reports for review by senior management regarding privacy trends.
• Establish and implement end to end solution for data security including training, audits and application privacy review.
• Manage Data Privacy inquiries - questions from employees, potential litigation
• Manage training program for regular data handlers and casual users – in local language where legally required
• Ensure compliance with local legal data privacy requirements
• Maintain HR documents
• Annual review of all other Data Privacy documents to validate accuracy/confirm alignment
Job ID: 111745BR
City: Sugar Land
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.