At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Join a global leader. Propel the Energy Transition. Design and build the world’s toughest projects. Transform the future, today.
Fluor is one of America’s top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
This position serves as a Project Purchasing Manager on medium- to large-sized Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, and Construction (EPFC) projects. This role has key responsibilities for critical supplier negotiations.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide technical and administrative direction related to the established Company, Material Management, and/or project policies and procedures
• Responsible for the implementation, management, and monitoring of the Material Management Work Process with the approved Corporate Reference Tool for Material Management to meet project requirements and schedule
• Plan, organize, direct, and control the material management discipline or global indirect function execution
• Advocate the use of the Material Management knowledge management portals and communities
• Maintain effective client relationships through client service excellence in execution
• Prepare and issue relevant Material Management reports
• Review, analyze, produce commercial bid tabs, and negotiate Terms and Conditions, based on Prime Contract flow downs
• Maintain the highest ethical standards of Material Management professional responsibility
•Typically manage personnel and provide an environment for the development and professional advancement of staff members, including on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities ,and timely performance feedback
• Leverage internal and external resources to administer policies and procedures consistently across all business lines, functions, and locations
• Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action
• Organize and prioritize a variety of complex projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Effectively develop and apply the Core Skills to the job
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 141216BR
City: Sugar Land
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.