At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Join a global leader. Propel the Energy Transition. Design and build the world’s toughest projects. Transform the future, today.
Fluor is one of America’s top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
This position serves as a technician, purchasing and/or expediting project team member who, with guidance from Purchasing Management, handles project material within established Material Management Plans, policies, and procedures. This role assists other material management specialists and technicians, as required.
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Monitor and report supplier's performance toward completion of all deliverables in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Purchase Order
• Collaborate across all disciplines including Material Management, Supplier Quality Surveillance (SQS)/Quality, Engineering, Project Data & Document Management (PDDM) and Construction
• Generate documents, organize and manage files, and maintain tracking data and reports
• Distribute bid packages, correspondence, and other documents, as necessary
• Identify and qualify potential bidders for purchases and contracts
• Perform data entry proficiently into the approved Corporate Reference Tool for Material
• Access portals and knowledge communities to stay updated on Fluor events and research practices, policies, go-bys
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 141219BR
City: Sugar Land
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.