At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions listed below with the overall objective of helping to improve the Corporation’s overall business performance, deliver added value to our shareholders, reduce leakage, and promote consistent and cost effective solutions across strategic business units, projects, and locations. This position provides oversight for contract management activities on Fluor projects or may act as a lead contract manager on individual Fluor contracts. This role is expected to directly supervise Principal Contract Managers and Contract Administrators and provide project staffing solutions including workforce and indirect estimates. Through assigned contract administrators, this role assures compliance with all statutes, regulations, and contract terms and conditions. The position requires the contract manager to report to project, department, and company management on the health of the assigned contract(s); participate in developing and approving contracting strategies generally directly reporting through an intermediate senior contract manager. The individual will review and approve contract awards with their delegated authority, generally for mid to large contracts.
• Administer moderately large and complex contracts
• Negotiate contract terms and conditions, analyze commercial sections of proposals and technical proposal evaluations, and coordinate of technical scopes of work including interface with all project disciplines (project controls, legal services, project management, construction, engineering, finance/accounting, and client)
• Develop final proposal evaluations, prepare contract recommendations, and present recommendation to project team and/or client
• Support Contract Management activities on large-scale projects, with a work scope of US$250 million to US$1 billion (or global equivalent); duties may include assisting multiple Contract Administrators and Contract Managers with the preparation and execution of pre-award and post-award activities
• Conduct and maintain continuing review of progress of each contract and provide management with information pertaining to any financial, technical, or commercial difficulties
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 136972BR
City: Sugar Land
Country: United States
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.