Fluor Boat Chief Mate in TBD, United States
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist the Captain in the safe and secured operation of the vessel
• Must ensure that vessel is operated and crewed according to both company and legal guidelines.
• Investigate any damages or incidents involved with vessel operation to include personal injuries with crew and environmental impacts to include monitoring and reporting of pollution events, mitigating oil spills caused by vessel operations. Environmental, Health and Safety is highest priority.
• Maintain all on-board equipment, including machinery, engines and safety equipment through regularly scheduled inspection.
• Must navigate vessels using maps, radars and lights with the use of electronic devices and the following of contour lines.
• Monitor daily progress of the vessel, observing speed, engine pressure and water depths, and signaling any passing ships.
• Adhere to any budgets and the purchasing and loading of fuel, supplies and equipment.
• Maintain full knowledge of the cargo carried by the vessel and answer any inquiries from government officials.
• Assign crew their tasks, monitoring the performance of licensed and unlicensed crew.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Perform Drills and Exercises as required for vessel operation and compliance.
• Comply with Federal, State (Local), and Ship Classification Society.
• Conducts Safety Briefing with personnel
• Conduction Vessel Inspections to include audits with 3rd Party
• Master conduct is in a Professional at all times
• Treats customers with high regards and respect
• Promotes Customer Satisfaction
• Meets company deadlines and schedules
Job ID: 109184BR
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.