Fluor Construction Engineer in Vancouver, British Columbia
The Construction Engineers assigned to the construction team are dual function personnel providing technical support to craft and supervision as well as helping to satisfy the Quality requirements on the project. Construction Engineers do not have any direct responsibility for “production”, however, they are responsible to minimize or eliminate any obstruction to efficient “production”.
1st Role: They are responsible for technical support functions, including design of temporary construction facilities, interfacing with the design organizations, generating design change requests, securing appropriate approvals of design changes, work planning, and materials management.
2nd Role: They are responsible for inspection, testing, and acceptance of completed work. In this capacity, the Construction Engineers work closely with the Quality Assurance Manager, who is responsible for insuring the requirements of the Construction Quality Manual/Project Specifications are met.
The Construction Engineer receives day-to-day and administrative direction from the Construction Engineering Manager.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides technical assistance to craftsmen, foremen, and project supervision with regard to construction related issues identified on drawings.
• Provides technical interpretation of design documents in support of construction managers, superintendents, and contractors and provides specific expertise for problem solving activities.
• Perform surveillance / examinations, if required, to ensure that the Quality objectives are being met for the project.
• Prepare material take-offs as well as initiate and prepare requisitions for the procurement of services, materials, and equipment necessary to support the project.
• Establish and maintain effective communication between the company and the design engineer to ensure the timely flow of design documents and information.
• Coordinate the implementation of the constructability review program during the design phase.
• Provide technical evaluation of bid proposals.
• Maintain liaison with the home office technical and construction support departments to provide the technical and construction engineering expertise required to support the project.
• Provide marked-up drawings and information required for the preparation of as-built drawings.
• Reports weekly installed quantities to Project Controls.
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff.
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards.
• Participate in walkdowns for mechanical completion and provide assistance to system turnover.
• Adhere to and support Fluor’s Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies.
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters and support projects in the field for extended periods of time.
Job ID: 108315BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.