Fluor Engineering Manager - Mining & Metals in Vancouver, British Columbia
With the improving outlook for the Mining and Metals (M&M) sector, Fluor Vancouver has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join our team.
Fluor M&M is a leader in the study, engineering, and execution of M&M projects world-wide. We have designed and constructed marque projects in locations as far away as Mongolia, the Dominican Republic, Peru and Chile, and as close as British Columbia. We work with multiple major, and many emerging, mining companies, generally with a copper or gold focus. Our team is leading the market with efficient designs and developing new ways of adopting the many innovative technologies emerging in our sector, redefining the project delivery model for the next wave of major world projects. We currently have projects in BC, USA, Mexico, and Chile.
You would be responsible for the delivery of engineering to Fluor's high safety and quality standards, meeting or improving on cost, schedule and project defined milestones. You could lead the multi-disciplined engineering team for small to large-sized, portions of or entire mega-sized EPC or EPCM projects. We look forward to welcoming an energetic contributor to our vibrant office.
The purpose of this position is to provide the essential administrative processes, technical knowledge, and direction as listed. This position has oversight of a specific area and acts as a representative of the department ensuring technical accuracy in project execution in all phases. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This role leads the engineering effort on assigned projects and is responsible for coordinating the individual Engineering Discipline Leads and the Project Document and Data Management (PDDM) Lead such that the most cost effective total project solution for executing engineering work is achieved.
• Direct and manage the interface between Engineering and the other disciplines on the project including Process Engineering, Project Controls, Project Management, Procurement and Contracts, Construction, and the client team
• Translate global strategic initiatives into procedures to be implemented on projects
• Act as a leader in applying Cost Competitive Execution techniques and develop the most cost- effective total project solution
• Ensure that the engineering work on the project is completed on schedule, meets Fluor’s quality standards including review meetings and checking procedures, performance is within the baseline man hour and material budgets, required deliverables are produced, change management is executed in a timely manner, and Engineering Department Managers are apprised of issues related to their function
• Work with Discipline Leads and Engineering Department Managers to ensure that staffing levels are appropriate to achieve the engineering schedule commitments and personnel are assigned with appropriate ability
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 108194BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.