Fluor IT Technician in Vancouver, British Columbia
The role of the Information Technology (IT) Technician is to support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required. This position typically works on routine problems with general supervision.
• Provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance
• Troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate manner
• Apply knowledge within technical manuals, procedural documentation, and original equipment manufacturer guides
• Install, configure, diagnose, repair and upgrade all personal computer hardware and equipment, according to department policies, while ensuring its optimal performance
• Maintain, distribute, install, configure, repair, and upgrade various electronic products, according to department policies, while ensuring their optimal performance
• Document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 108549BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.