Fluor Material Handling Engineer - Senior - Mining & Metals in Vancouver, British Columbia
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology-based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor’s Mining and Metals Business line provides these engineering services to the mining industry globally with a focus on the engineering, procurement, and construction of processing and infrastructure facilities associated with the recovery of metals and minerals.
This position is responsible for design and engineering of material handling facilities of mining and port operations.
Day to day activities and responsibilities include:
• Develop material handling design of facilities, select and size equipment;
• Develop and review project Scope of Services, Scope of Facilities, and other project baseline documents for all phases of projects;
• Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of complex to difficult engineering complexity;
• Assign work to teams, monitor and manage the work;
• Develop and review estimates and schedules, progress reports, including manpower forecasts;
• Develop and review specifications, including design criteria;
• Incorporate health, safety, and environmental factors in design;
• Develop and build external relations with client representatives, vendors, and subcontractors and interface closely with other discipline functions promoting Client Service Excellence;
• Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting;
• Review and approve vendor lists, prepare quotation requests/bid tabulations/purchase orders and review substitutions for technical acceptability;
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution;
• Support proposal and cost estimate activities;
• Participate in people development through mentoring, development of training material, conducting training seminars, and performance appraisal input and counseling;
• May promote company branding by active participation in external technical organizations and code committees and presents technical papers or presentations;
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters.
Job ID: 126586BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.