Fluor Project Engineer - Mining & Metals in Vancouver, British Columbia
With the improving outlook for the Mining and Metals (M&M) sector, Fluor Vancouver has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our team.
Fluor M&M is a leader in the study, engineering, and execution of M&M projects world-wide. We have designed and constructed marque projects in locations as far away as Mongolia, the Dominican Republic, Peru and Chile, and as close as British Columbia. We work with multiple major, and many emerging, mining companies, generally with a copper or gold focus. Our team is leading the market with efficient designs and developing new ways of adopting the many innovative technologies emerging in our sector, redefining the project delivery model for the next wave of major world projects. We currently have projects in BC, USA, Mexico, and Chile.
You would be responsible for the delivery of services by a portion of the Fluor team, suppler or contractor to Fluor's high safety and quality standards, meeting or improving on cost, schedule and project defined milestones. You could be part of the team for small to large-sized, or mega-sized EPC or EPCM projects. We look forward to welcoming an energetic contributor to our vibrant office.
The purpose of this position is to plan and perform work requiring sound technical judgment in the evaluation, organization, and execution of project management assignments worldwide. This role has the responsibility to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below with the overall objective of managing and/or coordinating project activities that are in compliance with the contract and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and Fluor profitability of the completed project. Performing assigned general duties of limited scope and level of responsibility, this position is designed to develop broader project management knowledge and experience. At this level, the role may have the responsibility as the only project engineer on a medium size project with full accountability for the general duties, or the responsibility for general duties on a larger or more complex segment of a very large project.
• Perform basic project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of project issues and problems
• Coordinate efforts of technical disciplines, vendors, and licensors to ensure integrated and complete designs that meet project requirements and contractual obligations
• Review project staffing requirements and coordinate staffing with supporting functional organization managers and/or subcontractors
• Support creation and coordination of overall project plans and schedules, and monitoring activities, progress, and milestones against the plans
• Support creation and coordination of project effort hours, and cost estimates and budgets, and monitor progress and cost performance against these
• Support the preparation, delivery, and coordination of project deliverables, design documents, and bid packages
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 108196BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.