Fluor Senior Buyer in Vancouver, British Columbia
· Analyzes purchase requisitions to ensure clarity and completeness in description of materials and equipment, quantity and quality requirements, proper authorization of funding, delivery requirements, mode of transportation, and proper support documentation.
· Establishes and maintains list of qualified suppliers, by commodity, approved by the project and/or department.
· Prepares and issues Request for Quotation (RFQ) to qualified bidders.
· Analyzes bid quotations for responsiveness to (RFQ), evaluating factors such as commercial terms and conditions, price, delivery, financial status, technical capability, quality control, and geographical location of shipping point.
· Reviews and approves bid analysis summaries prepared by lower level Buyers.
· Negotiates or assists in negotiation of best price, delivery, terms of payment and purchase conditions, tax exemptions, price escalation, and other factors impacting costs.
· Helps coordinate technical review of paperwork with appropriate departments. Issues or assists in issuing purchase orders after securing required approvals.
· Designs and establishes purchasing procedures at the beginning of a new project, i.e., adapt Company procedures to specific customer requirements.
· Investigates domestic and international market conditions, makes comparative analyses of price and delivery conditions, availability and quality of material and new sources of supply.
· Closes out purchase orders following confirmation of the successful completion of all contractual and procedural requirements.
· Establishes and maintains auditable purchase order files, also ensures that classified or sealed bid documents are properly stored.
· May supervise lower level or same level Buyers, assign and review their work, and provide purchasing activity training including computer programs normally utilized.
Job ID: 116791BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.