At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
Fluor Canada’s Mining & Metals (M&M) operations has an exciting opportunity for a Construction Manager to join our Vancouver based team.
As a senior leader within the project, the candidate would be directly responsible for the delivery of construction support and planning during feasibility studies and engineering development projects; and construction management during engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction/construction management (EPFC/CM) projects. The candidate would bring skills and demonstrated experience for direct responsibility of the construction of underground mining material handling systems and facilities working with teams of two hundred (200) or more persons.
We look forward to welcoming an energetic contributor to our vibrant office.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
• Manages construction teams and executes construction activities in conformance with project drawings, specifications, schedules, cost estimates, procedures, quality requirements and safety standards;
• Implements the site safety, security procedures and project work rules, playing an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed, including active participation in audits and walk-downs. Be knowledgeable of safety regulations, policies and procedures and performs assigned duties in a safe manner and, while supervising others, has the responsibility for their safety and ensure that they comply with established safety policies, procedures, and practice safe work habits.
• Controls project schedule and cost through the efficient use of all construction resources including manpower, materials, tools, and equipment.
• Provides input for the development of project schedules in cooperation with the construction engineers and planners.
• Ensures that daily and weekly short-range planning is maintained down to the foreman level.
• Reviews design scope and approach regarding constructability and submits recommendations for change.
• Determines manpower levels to attain schedule milestones and monitors manpower levels and craft mixes to ensure conformance with the construction plan.
• Monitors productivity and cost and implements appropriate action to maintain maximum labour productivity and cost-effectiveness.
• Controls change/scope creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of work.
• Assists assigned Labour Relations Manager in the overall administration of labour relations policies.
• Manages the contractual commitments of contractors, including cost, quality, and schedule and coordinates their field activities.
• Plans and manages the project’s temporary facilities.
• Maintains quality of all work in accordance with the standards as specified in the design documents.
• Maintains effective construction equipment use and maintenance program.
• Maintains an effective plan for the supply and control of tools and supplies.
• Administers, trains, and motivates all personnel in construction operations through the construction area manager, superintendent and foreman levels.
Job ID: 143577BR
State: British Columbia
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.