At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
This position is responsible for working within Fluor’s environment utilizing Fluor’s standards and procedures to design safe and efficient layouts in a 2D and 3D CAD software platforms. The candidate will be expected to understand detailed engineering drawings and flow sheets from both clients and vendors, and work closely with other disciplines to design various areas related to Mining and Metals. The ideal candidate will have experience with all phases of a project from Scoping Study to Detailed Design, and will know what level of detail is required for each phase.
The candidate will need to be a strong communicator and have a solid understanding of the value to work in a team environment.
Day to day activities and responsibilities include:
• Prepare 3D layouts and/or schematics for conceptual and detailed designs of advanced complexity in 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings
• Create 3D models in Intergraph Smartplant environment
• Participate in model review sessions
• Review drawings and vendor equipment documentation of moderate to advanced complexity within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution;
• Assign work to and check work done by other designers
• Incorporate health, safety, and environmental factors in design
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 140249BR
State: British Columbia
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.