Fluor Senior Structural Designer - Mining & Metals in Vancouver, British Columbia
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
The successful candidate can expect growth and career opportunities including being responsible for reviewing drawings and vendor equipment documentation, as well as contributing to diverse project teams.
Operating under detailed instructions and review, the purpose of this position is to provide the essential technical knowledge and perform the work listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor's competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. The purpose of this position is to work on design and perform 3D layout of moderate scope to support the Design Area Lead or Lead.
As a Senior Structural Designer you will be:
• Developing 3D Model for piling, concrete and steel elements using company standards and procedures.
• Preparing 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings of moderate to advanced complexity with Smartsketch and Autocad.
• Working closely and openly with, Leads, Design Checkers, Engineers and other disciplines in a team environment.
• Checking work done by other Designers when required.
• Reviewing drawings and vendor equipment documentation from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution.
• Adhering to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures.
• Performing bulk material take-off analysis and tabulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 126205BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.