Fluor Calibration Coordinator (TMDE) in Afghanistan
Calibrates, tests and repairs electrical, mechanical, electromechanical and electronic measuring, recording and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards, and assists in formulating calibration standards. Figures sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment, according to blueprints, schematics, technical manuals and other specifications. Prepares standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
• Operates and performs calibration by alignment and adjustment of electronic and mechanical components by comparing measurements of the unit under test to a known standard traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
• Repairs general purpose and selected special purpose TMDE to component level by removing and replacing defective components.
• Performs preventive and scheduled maintenance on calibration standards and calibration accessories.
• May perform special regulatory requirements associated with the calibration, maintenance and repair of RADIAC equipment.
• Provides technical assistance to Test Msrmnt Diag Equip Specialist.
• Performs cross checks of calibration standards through inter-comparison of team calibration standards.
• Receives, schedules and tracks equipment turned in for calibration or repair.
• Maintains maintenance records and files, and provides reports to supported units.
• Demonstrates proper maintenance and troubleshooting techniques to junior personnel.
• Coordinates with supported client for turn in and pick up of TMDE.
The TMDE job family operates TMDE and calibration standards. The TMDE job family operates and performs preventive and scheduled maintenance on its assigned equipment. The TMDE job family performs and supervises duties involving the calibration and repair of general purpose TMDE, selected special purpose TMDE, Radiation Detecting, Indicating, and Computing (RADIAC) equipment, calibration standards and accessories.
(1) Normal Color Vision
(2) Formal training by completion of the MOS 94H Course conducted under the auspices of the U. S. Army Ordnance Munitions and Electronic Maintenance School (USAOMEMS) mandatory; or waiver may be granted by Commander, U. S. Army Ordnance Center and Schools (USAOC&S), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005; or meet the civilian acquired skills criteria below.
(a) ACASP qualification criteria. Must have 2 years of experience or combination of formal training and experience totaling 2 years in operation, maintenance, and calibration of test, measurement and diagnostic equipment.
Position may be located in a wide variety of environments, from conventional indoor office workspace to project worksites with harsh, working and living conditions. To ensure compliance with safety, health and security requirements in the contract, employee will
possess the ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language at the intermediate level as
necessary to perform assigned job functions.
Position requires the basic skills and physical ability necessary to perform assigned job functions.
Fluor values the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Employment
Job ID: 123342BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.