Fluor Contracts Manager in Whitby, Ontario
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions listed below with the overall objective of helping to improve the Corporation’s overall business performance, deliver added value to our shareholders, reduce leakage, and promote consistent and cost effective solutions across strategic business units, projects, and locations.
This role assures, through assigned contract administrators, compliance with all statutes, regulations, and contract terms and conditions. The position requires the contract manager to report to project, department and company senior leadership on the health of the assigned project(s); participate in developing and approving contracting strategies generally directly reporting through an intermediate senior contract manager. The individual will review and approve contract awards with their delegated authority. The Principal, Contract Manager will provide limited supervisory oversight but will act as a lead for the contract execution of assigned contracts and provide training to contract administrators on Fluor’s and Project practices.
• Post award administration to ensure contractors perform in accordance with contract terms.
• Interface with the project team to confirm overall project requirements are being achieved with respect to contract management.
• Organize and document communications with contractors relating to change requests, back charges, contract amendments and notices.
• Identify, track and process changes to contracts while reviewing for accuracy.
• Review, action, and participate in resolution of contractor claims.
• Process and verify contractor requests for progress payment, release of hold back and final payments.
• Perform close out of contracts, including finalizing outstanding contract issues, invoices and contractor performance evaluations.
Job ID: 109839BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.