Fluor Lead Construction Engineer in Windsor, Ontario
This position provides projects with technical expertise in one or several areas of discipline. Leads a team of discipline engineers in providing technical assistance to construction management.
• Lead coordinator role for design development in technical working groups and other related design meetings to drive best value solutions.
• Execute the construction engineering program, which includes the exchange of engineering
• Perform technical administration of contracts
• Maintain working knowledge of applicable codes and standards for a project
• Provide technical interpretation of design documents in support of construction managers, superintendents, and contractors and provides specific expertise for problem solving activities
• Prepare material take-offs as well as initiate and prepare requisitions for the procurement of services, materials, and equipment necessary to support the project schedule
• Coordinate the completion of construction activities in assigned systems and prepare punch lists to ensure the readiness of systems for release for turnover to the client or for start up
• Maintain liaison with the design engineer to schedule and coordinate the release of construction design documents in support of the construction schedule
• Provide marked-up drawings and information required for the preparation of as-built drawings
• Interpret the intent and requirements of the design documents; ensure design drawings are reviewed for completeness and constructability; and ensure drawings are marked-up and information provided as required for the preparation of as-built drawings
• Coordinate, obtain, and provide responses to Requests for Information (RFI) as required
• Coordinate engineering input and analysis on project progress, compliance, and close-out
• Provide the technical and construction engineering expertise required to support the project
• Provide technical evaluation of bid proposals
• Participate in pre-construction planning efforts during early design and development phases of the project, including the coordination and implementation of the constructability review program.
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely
manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Plan and organize own work assignments, as well as carry out tasks from management staff
• Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
• Adhere to and support the Project's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies.
• May need to travel to attend to business related matters
• Meet expectations on attendance and punctuality
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 112738BR
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.