At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
The purpose of this position is to apply diverse and complex technology constructs to propose new methods to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
• Work on projects of broad and diverse scope HSE activities on medium to large-scale Total Installed Cost (TIC) projects; duties may include preparation of certification/classification programs, the preparation of the supporting HSE documents and implementation of project specific HSE initiatives
• Apply regulatory requirements to provide guidance to project management; assist in monitoring and controlling HSE standards, applicable laws and regulations; and design and review a project plan or schematic to confirm compliance with all governmental regulations and Company/client requirements
• Plan, perform and document work requiring independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification of diverse and complex techniques, procedures and criteria, for example, Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA), coordination and execution of Safety Cases (SC) and support studies, Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA), Process Hazard Analyses (PHA), Fire Protection Specifications (FPS), Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and perform analysis of regulations against diverse and complex project needs so that design will comply with regulations
• Maintain and apply a comprehensive knowledge of the Company’s HSE standards, programs and goals by applying HSE procedures as established by the Company on a project site or in an office through departmental training, Fluor University training and the use of knowledge management portals and communities
• Promote and foster Company HSE standards and goals with programs throughout the Company and/or project to confirm a safe and productive work environment
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Other duties as assigned
Job ID: 140614BR
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.